Xbox 360 Help goes Mobile! Click the button below to have Xbox 360 help on your cell phone.


Add to my Widsets

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Medal of Honor Airborne review.

The Medal of Honor series is now into its eight year with the 11th title, Medal of Honor: Airborne released on Xbox 360. The franchise has attracted a huge fan base over the years due to its cinematic qualities and the chance its given gamers to get to grips with some authentic war time weapons, but earlier this year following the release of the, quite frankly, awful Medal of Honor: Vanguard, I really did think the series was looking old and ragged and secretly hoped that I'd never see the franchise re-emerge from its sorry looking state. But, while I was getting all in a fluster over EA's lack of innovation in their World War II shooter, it appears the team must have been busy putting all of their efforts into the next-gen version of the franchise…


Medal of Honor: Airborne doesn't reinvent the first person shooter genre, like they'd like us to believe, but it does look and feel so much fresher than the last game in the series. Thankfully, many of the frustrations have been ironed out, leaving the series totally reinvigorated and standing proudly shoulder to shoulder next to other top next-gen shooters.

It's always a good sign when you have the motivation to complete the game that you're reviewing. I never did finish playing Medal of Honor Vanguard - it was just too frustrating . I only played to a point where I thought I knew enough to review it. But, while playing MOH: Airborne, I barely glanced at the clock and kept battling through to the end. I’m delighted to say that the series has been injected with a much needed dose of pace.

In fact, so much so that, just when I realized how much fun I was having playing the game, it was abruptly over after merely 5 hours of gameplay. The time it takes to complete MOH: Airborne is undoubtedly an issue especially when you're paying top whack for a videogame, but though I've mentioned it, I really don't want it to put you off the experience of playing the most enjoyable World War II shooter I've played for some time.



Medal of Honor Airborne Xbox 360 trailer: